Find Out the Easy Procedure to Reinstall Printer DriversMark Davis
A number of users are using various types of Printer machines. But sometimes because of some issue, they want to reinstall their Printer device. While doing this, users may get irritated with their printer device. So, for the user’s convenience, we are giving a simple procedure to get a complete re-installation of a printer driver. If you are trying to reinstall Printer drivers, then you do not need to worry because it is a very easy process.
Follow the below-mentioned steps:-
- First of all, you need to make sure that all programs are closed on your device.
- Then, click on the “start” button which is placed in the bottom left of your screen of the desktop.
- Right-click on the “Computer” and choose “properties” from the pop-up window.
Please Note- If you are using Windows XP, then you can continue to Step 3 and if you have Windows Vista users, then you can proceed to Step 4.
- Go to the properties window and click on the “Hardware” tab.
- At the top of the next window, you will get a button which is “Device Manager,” Click on it and then continue to Step 5.
- Then place your printer from the list of expandable hardware sections in the Device Manager window.
- You will get it below the IEEE compatible hardware section.
- If you are not able to get IEEE section, then click on it main icon to see the sections.
- After getting these sections, you will need to locate the one.
- If you have seen a yellow triangle with an exclamation point, then skip the 11th step. If not, then you need to continue with Step 3.
- Right-click on your printer driver instances.
- Choose the “Properties” from the pop-up menu.
- Then choose the “Driver” tab at the upper of the Properties window.
- Move to the “Uninstall” button which is placed near the bottom of the window and select it.
- Click on “ok” to continue to make sure that your driver is uninstalled.
- Now go back to the Device Manager window.
- Right-click on your printer instance.
- Here you will get a yellow triangle with an exclamation point next to it.
- Choose “Update Driver” from the pop-up menu section.
- Then select the “Yes” option which will prompt the hardware update wizard to “how to update the driver.”
- To start the installation process, you need a proper internet connection.
- Click on the “Next” button and then select the “Install the software automatically” option.
- Click on the “Next” option to automatically search the Internet connection to start the printer driver installation process.
- After completing the installation successfully, the yellow triangle should go away.
- You can use these steps again for any other instances necessary.
- If it does not automatically install your printer driver, then you can continue with next Step.
- Launch a browser and search for your printer model online with your usual search engine.
- Download the most updated driver for your printer driver.
- Save the downloaded file on your desktop screen and follow the on-screen displayed steps to get a complete uninstalling the problem driver if necessary.
- Close all the open programs and double-click on the driver icon on your desktop.
- Now install your downloaded printer driver, to start the installation click on the “Enter” button through the prompts. If not prompted then you do not need to change installation defaults.
- Wait until the installation process is finished; now your new drivers are in place and ready to use.
We hope that this post will surely help you to install the latest printer driver.
Mark Davis, authorof this article is an experienced printer technology professional with a keen interest in writing on HP Printer Support, Brother Printer Support and more. With all his articles and blogs, he focuses on making the readers aware of the latest as well as upcoming technologies in this domain.