How to Fix the Error If “HP Printer is in Error State”?Mark Davis
When a printer is in error state, it won’t let you to even if you have already struggled with steps like uninstallation and reinstallation of it, unplugged it, turned it off and then on again, checked for driver updates and the Wireless Settings, etc. You may have received different messages earlier such as “Printer is Offline”, but “Printer is an error state” is the current one users are getting. For your help, there are few solutions given that you can try and see if it works.
Solution 1: Run troubleshooter
It may prove a good solution for you to run printer troubleshooter to fix printer problems.
If you’re unable to connect to your printer in Windows 10 or print any document, follow the below described steps in order to try to fix the problem:
- Verify that your printer is plugged into the power supply and it is turned on.
- For Wired printers, check the USB connection and for wireless printers, check the wireless connection.
- If none of the above steps seem working, download and run the printing troubleshooter.
- If the problem still persists, it may be possible that your printer needs a new driver. Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and select Device Manager, Expand Printers option for finding your printer in the list. On your listed printer name, right-click (or press and hold) and select Update Driver.
If the previous troubleshooting process is not working for you, its spooler files may need to be cleared and spooler services may need for being started.
- Type Services in the search box on the taskbar, then choose the search result of the same name.
- In the Services list, double-click or double-tap Print Spooler. Select Stop > OK.
- Type %WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers in the search box on the taskbar, select the file folder in the search results and delete all files in the folder.
- Search for and open Services again
- Double-click or double-tap Print Spooler in the Services list.
- Select Start, and make sure that Automatic is selected in the Startup Type list, and then select OK.
Solution 2: Printer in error state
There may be a problem with the printer itself if your printer’s status shows “Printer in error state”.
- Make sure that your printer is turned on and it is connected to your PC by cable or Wi-Fi. Make sure that the cover isn’t open, a paper isn’t jammed, and it is not low paper or ink.
Solution 3: Printer is in the Offline state
To make the printer online, follow the steps given below:
- Click Windows + X, go to Control Panel and click on Devices and printers there.
- Click Printer.
- The Printer will show offline status if it is offline and if it is online, it shows “Ready”.
- Set the printer online if it is offline.
- Right-click on the printer and choose “Use Printer Online”.
- When the printer is set to online, the display would change to ready.
This entire information can be really helpful, but if the status of the issue is still not solved, contact HP printer support experts for immediate assistance.
Other Useful Links:
Everyone knows about the great person, Mark Davis, is a very creative person who has been doing the searching, study and writing the blogs and the articles on the recent technologies, solutions or errors and supports to make consciousness about these among the readers? His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines or social media network. Everyone knows about this creative person He has been writing about the latest updates about How to fix HP printer error for your computer device to get a perfect service.